Friday, October 14, 2011

Miss Arts Papercrafting School. A review.

As most of you know I have been following classes at Miss Art's Papercrafting School since about June..
When I signed up, to go back to school I thought "Ok I will learn a thing or two".....Not for a moment did I think that these lessons would influence my way of scrapping  so much. If you look back at my last say dozen L.O.s you will spot all the little tips and techniques that I have learned along the way. The lessons have made me more confident and sub-conscienctiouly I use what I have learnt.

When asked to do this review, I was in a little bit of a dilemma as to which lesson to review as I have so many favourites. So I asked myself which lessons impacted on me the most ? I decided on 3 and from those 3 favourites I chose "LAYERED LAYOUTS" by Julie Winks


I think that Julie should be named the Queen of Layering!  As I reviewed her lesson I kept count of all the layers that she used on one single L.O. I counted 24!!! That does not include the 4 layers that were placed under the corners and sides of the L.O.

I was awed and amazed by Julie's use of elements and by the generous way she used the keys on the L.O. she must be every manufacturers' dream!
Julie's lessons were clear and concise and she shared many special tips with us, I especially loved the lovely blossom detail using texture paste, it reminded me of embroidery ( I have subsequently embroidered on a page) and also her un-picked stitching ( still need to do that, I am a bit of a neat freak!) Julies' double bunting was really cool as was her tip on how easy it is to cut a bunting. I also especially loved the striped paper peeking out from under all the amazing things that were happening on the page.

Julie you challange me to keep going and to keep building up on a strong foundation,very much like life...

I was also asked to state a couple of things that I would still like to see happening at Miss Art's Papercrafting School
* I would love to see a date on posts especially on the news section.
* I would love a forum to meet and chat to other students, a  playground as such.
* A gallery that we can show and see some of the school projects.
* Maybe the guest teacher on USTREAM can be working on a tiny project, it would work as an ice-breaker and it would instigate more conversation.
* Maybe, just maybe and extra lesson in the 201 section???

Thank-you Miss Art's for such versatile lessons, for encouraging us to expand our horizons and go the extra mile.
For scrappers out there that have just started with this amazing hobby, sign up...buy the kits and Miss Arts will show you how to make amazing things with them!

Be happy, keep scrapping.
Zeffy.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed Julie is very talented scrapbooker!!!
    Zeffy there is one lovely blog award for you, but you must tell us 7 things about you! Hugs
    http://greekscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2011/10/one-lovely-blog-award-7-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete