Saturday, December 4, 2010

I AM Zeffy and I LOVE to Scrap!!

Hi ladies,
yes after a week-end in Paris at PACS I have decided that I love to scrap !! 3 days of cutting ,tearing painting and glueing...and I loved every minute! I chose a very full programm, I decided seeing that I am there I may as well learn as much as I can, so I chose lessons in mixed media and some painting ,two things that I would like to continue implementing into my work, two mediums that I am not familiar with.
My first teacher was Nathalie Kalbach, imagine we used paper that she designed!!You can see her name at the bottom of my canvas. Nathalie was super friendly and funny too ,a lovely humour that immediately set the tone of her class, she encouraged us to explore and express ourselves...so this is who I am and the things I love...I love to express myself, travel, romance,laugh,and I love trees and Iwish I could put them into a cage and protect them...especially here in Greece where burning trees seems to be a national passtime!Please note the pre-menopausel, thin I wannabe me...ha ha!
Nathalie is also a Tattered Angel demonstrator so we did a lot of glimmer-misting too...


The next canvas I have posted for the lovely Sophia whom I met in  Julie Fei Fan Balzer clas, amazing how you get to meet such lovely people...check out Julie's blog lots of pictures of Pacs there...So anyway this is a self potrait of me the first I have painted since junior school...a good 40 years ago..Julies class was also very interseting we first collaged our canvas with gel medium and paper scraps, a great way to use all those left-overs and then we learned the basics of potrait painting Da Vincis' golden rule of thirds or should I say PHI , ok I am rambling now, Julie did not go into such detail she just showed us how to divide our oval and position all our facial features,and then also how to highlight and shade our image....a far way I have to go to discover the real Zeffy!
I think that this is enough for now...I have much more to share...so join me on Zeffy Scraps on USTREAM on Monday 6 December at 21H00 and get ready so that we can make a mini for you ladies to give away as a Christmas gift.
have a lovely week-end and remember to have fun!
Filia
Zeffy

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Zeffy - these are gorgeous!! Love what you created! It was very nice to meet you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your portrait! Enjoyed meeting you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Υπέροχα νέα και μπορώ να πω οτι θα ήθελα πολύ να είμαι εκεί!!!!!


    Φιλια

    ReplyDelete
  4. love to see your creations!!! seems like you had A LOT OF FUN!!!!
    waiting for the streaming..hope i can make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you back...love what you made i am green with envy as i wanted so much to take Julie Blazer's class i have been following her work for years she is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. αχ,είσαι πολύ τυχερή που κατάφερες να πας!!
    περιμένουμε κι άλλες φωτό!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Τέλεια!! Είμαι σίγουρη πως περάσατε θαυμάσια!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Μπράβο Ζέφφυ, χαίρομαι πολύ για σένα και ζηλεύω λιγάκι για αυτό το υπέροχο ταξίδι που κάνατε. Υπέροχες δημιουργίες!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of you ladies who got to not only go to Paris but to go there to scrap!!!Love these two,esp the last one,you're very talented!If I did a self portrait it would probably turn out to look more like the work of Picasso,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your canvas turned out- so awesome! It was so wonderful to meet you sweet girl! Hope we can see and meet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zέφφυ κι από εδώ να σου ευχηθώ καλωσήρθατε!. Το βράδυ να μαγνητοσκοπήσεις τα ωραία σου γιατί μάλλον δεν θα μπορέσω να είμαι μαζί σας :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello you ... You can use any products you like for the challenge ... Hope you can join us x

    ReplyDelete