Saturday, September 15, 2012

Its My Birthday

It's my Birthday and I can Scrap if I want to!
 Hi there Friends, it was my birthday at the beginning of this month and I decided to scrap about me this week...
I decided to treat this L.O. like a journal page, I also wanted to use the napkins that my daughters' bought to decorate the lunch table, on the day of my ?? Birthday, as a background for my L.O.
As you all know I am a Special Investigator on Color Stories Inspiration this month, and you must also  know that CSI has teamed up with Once Upon A Sketch for this month...so its double the challenge!!

It is a well known fact that I am the worlds worst hoarder! I also love to up-cycle so this Case File was up my alley! I have used 5 pieces of packaging on this L.O. plus the napkins!!


My table before starting


The creative process.

1.White Cardstock that I masked with a plastic "lace" tablecloth bought in the town of Mytilene.
2.Fussy cut flowers off my napkin.determined where I would place them.
3. Shaded the area behind my flowers with blue.Then I glued down the flowers with CH multi-
medium
4.I had painted white canvas with red...then I masked with white 3D paste and re-painted the canvas.
5.The blue leaf is also from the napkin, I mounted it onto white cardstock.
6. I matted my photo with the diamond pattern paper cut from shopping bag from a local accessory
shop. And above that you will see a piece of acrylic that came from the packaging of a ccellular
phone cover.
7. The plastic with the blue diamonds shapes acts as a pocket for my tags.......well when I opened a new pack of Feta cheese this was on top of the cheeese....I thought wow this colour is perfect for CF#37!! So I washed and kept it. I trimmed it down considerably.
8.I doodled my border with a white and black markers. I have also doodled a little on my tags...my journaling is on my tags.
9.I used pieces of bookpages on my background, I covered them with a light coat of gesso.
10. Lastly I added some die cut damasks,I added my chocolate wrappers and my hand-made flower and a little bit of lace and 2 vintage buttons to complete my L.O.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. i also would like to thank you for all of your sweet comments.
Keep well.
Zeffy

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You Zeffy, I hope this year ahead is a very special one for you.. and your layout is gorgeous.. love all the interesting things to look at and the flourishes look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ζεφφούλα καλημέρα! Λατρεεεευω την έμπνευση και την δημιουργικότητα σου! Έχω μείνει βέβαια γι άλλη μια φορά να χαζεύω την σύνθεση σου!!!!! Φιλιά πολλά

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This page is a stunner! It is so full of life! I love everything about it, especially your doodle and the blue grating.

    And happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. χχρόνια πολλα και ευτυχισμένα!!!
    υπέροχη σύνθεση με πολυ όμορφες λεπτομέριες!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so fun! i like your bright and colorful LO with a lot of special creative touches! great take on the challenge!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Gorgeous Layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Happy Birthday to you!! So loving that you treated this layout like a journal page- so many fun elements going on and just so glad you got to get some scrapping done to celebrate your day!!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us @ OUAS~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific layout! Happy Birthday! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete